Wednesday, March 20, 2019

YouTube & the Scissors

The rule in our house is that the tablet and the phones are plugged into the charger in the kitchen at night.  Under no circumstances are there to be electronics in your room overnight.  The routine is after showers and pajamas, they bring their electronics to the kitchen.   This morning, child 4 came downstairs and told me that child 3 was watching YouTube on his iPad in his room.  His room was still dark by the way.  As far as I knew he was still asleep.  I told child 4 that there is no way he can be watching YouTube because his tablet was sitting on the counter plugged in.  I turn and point to the counter where his tablet was plugged in. 


Exhibt A - Tablet Plugged Into The Charger



Walking over to double check, I opened the case and lo and behold it was not the iPad that was plugged in, it was something completely different.  I give him props for attempting to make it look like the tablet was plugged into the charger. 


Exhibit B - Scissors Plugged Into the Charger

I walked upstairs to his room to indeed find him watching YouTube.  Needless to say, he had the tablet in his room all night after telling me it was plugged into the charger in the kitchen.  I feel dumb for falling for his scissors hoax.  My bad that I did not double check that it was actually plugged in last night.   I am sharing this as a public service announcement so that if your kid has a tablet in a case, double check to make sure the tablet is actually in the case and secured at night. 

Unfortunately for child 3, all he will be doing to entertain himself in the coming days is attempting to watch YouTube on a pair of scissors.  That will be a rough, I mean sharp, go for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Addressed

My children have always had a propensity to draw on everything but paper.  Their canvas has usually been their own body.  Som...