Friday, August 18, 2017

It Smells Amazing, Like Armpits!

Last night I instructed the boys to pick up their rooms and bathroom before their showers.  As I am standing outside their rooms picking up toys and clothes strewn about the hall, I over hear the tail end of an interesting conversation between Nick and Harry.  Nick was in the bathroom and he yelled to Harry who was in his bedroom, "Oh my God, Harry!  You gotta come smell this!  It smells amazing, like armpits! I love it"

I hear some shuffling, which I assume is Harry making his way to the bathroom.  A few moments later I hear Harry affirming Nick's statement.  "It does smell like armpits! That smells awesome!"  I stand outside their rooms, shaking my head, contemplating if it is necessary for me to identify what they are talking about.  Is it food or something rotten and growing bacteria that needs to be thrown away?  Is it dirty clothes, and if it is why are they sniffing them?  Is it a clogged toilet or a clogged bath tub drain, and again if it is why do they feel the need to describe the smell? (If it is a clogged bathtub drain, I defer to this prior post: https://dailydoseofthedavis6.blogspot.com/2016/05/mom-theres-small-problem-in-your.html) I don't wanna check, but I should probably check.  No, I should definitely check.


Upon entering the bathroom, prepared for the very worst, I was pleasantly surprised to find out the armpit smell they thought was amazing was not actually a body odor smell, but instead a container of soap.  I guess they thought that the soap inside the bottle smelled like a stick of deodorant.  The armpit smell is not the bad kind of armpit smell, but an armpit slathered in deodorant.  PHEW!!!!!  I was REALLY worried for a minute that they liked body odor!  Lord knows that I do not need any more stink in this house. 
oldspice.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Addressed

My children have always had a propensity to draw on everything but paper.  Their canvas has usually been their own body.  Som...