Sunday, October 16, 2016

Vacuum It Up

In my little world there are not too many things I can control.  I have pretty much accepted that as fact.  It has been a journey to let stuff go.  I recite the Serenity Prayer almost everyday to myself before I get out of bed to try  and help myself remember that you can only be the master of so many things.  Everything else, well I just have to release it back into the great big wide world. 

“God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things that I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.”

You know what I cannot release back into the world though?  Dog hair.  Yes, dog hair.  I can't not try to control the dog hair in my house.  Unfortunately I have two dogs that shed a lot.  I got the dogs.  I knew they shed.  I'm not sure how I thought I could live dog hair free.  I vacuum obsessively (which is actually not a bad thing because it also cleans up the dirt of my children), but that dang dog hair makes me crazy.  Solution?  Oh yes, there is a solution. 


Problem solved.  Kinda.  I mean at least for the next 5 minutes the shedding will be under control.  This, my friends, is me having the courage to change the things I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Addressed

My children have always had a propensity to draw on everything but paper.  Their canvas has usually been their own body.  Som...