Monday, November 5, 2012

Cyndi and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

-->




Taking queue from one of my favorite children’s books I will start today with:

Today has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  I think I’ll move to Australia.  I do not mean to sound ungrateful for the blessings in my life.  I am grateful, very grateful.  It’s just that some days suck.  Today was that kind of day.

It’s raining and cold out.  It’s Monday.  The kids are off school today and tomorrow for a Fall break.   They have used up all their allotted time on the Xbox and I don’t know the freaking parental code on the machine to increase the time.  Drew set that up and he is currently across the country inaccessible. The boys are running around the house fighting like they are part of the World Wrestling Federation. They are driving me crazy.

I have had one sick kid with a 103 fever (which I haven’t been able to get to break all day no matter how much medicine he has been given).  I have enjoyed cleaning up barf from said sick child.  Having to carry this small person everywhere because he feels so crappy that he doesn’t want me to leave his sight is giving me a bit of a backache.  I feel like I am having hot flashes because his 103 degree 40 lb body is draped over me like a blanket.

The only thing I got accomplished while holding Nick all day has been a few loads of laundry.  I honestly have no idea how my children can produce so many dirty clothes.  I did wash YESTERDAY as well so why I counted 37 white socks in the load I did today baffles my mind.  37!!!!!!!  Who can get 37 socks dirty in one day?  37!!!!  That’s not even an even number.  Come on. 

I threw a meal in the crockpot this morning.  It was some recipe I got off of Pintrest on some make-n-freeze meal website.  By the time I checked it late this afternoon it looked like dog barf and tasted worse.  How can this not look just like the picture on the recipe?  I put all the same things in.  For some reason nothing, and I mean nothing, I can put together for a meal looks even edible.  Meal preparation just does not come easy for me.  If you tell me that you love to cook I will tell you to shut up.

Then I logged onto Facebook and saw all the posts about how so and so is brewing some delicious concoction in the crockpot and filling their house with such a wonderful smell on this cold, rainy Fall day.  Baa-humbug.  The stupid people and their stupid crockpots irritate me.  Do you know what I feed my kids for dinner?  Bacon.  Just bacon.  That’s what they told me they wanted after I trashed my crockpot disaster.  So that is what they ate.  I guess I should be thankful that they at least finished their bacon.  No one complained about eating it.  Maybe I should just make bacon everyday.  My Facebook post would read, “Filling my house with the smell of frying bacon.  Love it when it when my house smells like Denny’s.”

Then there are the bloody political calls.  I swear that I am just going to vote against the people whose people hound my house phone with calls.  This election is ridiculous. I have taken to pass the phone to Nick (my 2 year old) when they call.  Seeing as though his favorite thing to say is, “Shut up, butthead” they always get an earful.  At least there is some entertainment value in that. 

Lastly, until we get through the adjustment period, this Daylight Savings Time is throwing me for a loop.  Mostly because my dogs have some sick sense that tells them when it is their 6am and 5pm feeding times.  They were not given the memo that the time changed so they follow me around obsessively and drool an hour before they get their food.  I realize that I should take it as a compliment that something enjoys drooling while following me all around, but it is freaking aggravating.  As my husband will tell you, I do not sit still.  I cannot.  It is not humanly possible.  Add 2 large dogs right under my feet with my constant movement and you have a household hazard. 

If you need me, I will be in Australia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Addressed

My children have always had a propensity to draw on everything but paper.  Their canvas has usually been their own body.  Som...