Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Nuts on the Brain



This is an oldie but goodie.  This conversation occurred a few years back while driving in the car with my youngest son.  It still makes me laugh every time I think about it.  Of course all little boys experience this phenomenon so I have always had a "go to" solution when this happens.  Needless to say we've sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star a lot over the years.  A lot.  



Nick (yelling from the backseat):  Mommy, my penis hurt!

Me: Why, what happened, honey?

Nick: I pushin it and it won't go down.

Me: Nicky, just sing twinkle twinkle little star and you will feel better.

Nick: Ok, mommy.

Nick: Mommy?

Me: Yes, honey?

Nick:  You got a penis?

Me:  No.  Only boys have penises

Nick: Oh, ok.

Nick:  Mommy, you got a little penis?

Me:  No, girls don't have penises.  Girls have vaginas.

Nick:  Ba-ginas are for babies.  You a baby?

Me:  No, I am a mommy.

Nick:  Oh, ok.

Nick:  Mommy?

Me:  Yup?

Nick:  Your penis fall off?

Me:  Nope, just don't have one.

Nick:  Where your penis go?

Me:  (sighing and giving up)  I really don't remember where I put it.

Nick:  Does your penis hurt too?

Me:  No, but my brain does now.

Nick:  Your brain fall off?

Me:  Yes, I suppose it has.

Nick:  Ok, Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Addressed

My children have always had a propensity to draw on everything but paper.  Their canvas has usually been their own body.  Som...