Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mystic Tan

I am pale.  I couldn't get tan even if I really tried.  I have come to terms with that.  Because my kids love to be at the pool, I decided I did not want to frighten the general public with the sheer whiteness of my being.  Also we were going on our summer vacation to Disney World.  To impress all my fellow Disney World comrades I wanted to look like I had a nice summer glow.  I decided to get a "Mystic Tan" from the local tanning salon.  For those of you who do not know, Mystic Tan is like a spray tan.  Basically you stand in an enclosed shower stall and rotate around as the "Mystic Tan" is sprayed onto your body. 

One of the things you do before you step into the stall is to put this lotion on your hands and feet in order to prevent the Mystic Tan from making your palms and feet orange.  Being a novice at this I put the lotion on my hands and the tops of my feet.  I failed to put it on the bottoms of my feet.  Note to self...bad move.  The bottoms of my feet were now orange for the next 5-7 days.  The funny thing is that I didn't even realize my feet were orange until after I went to the nail salon to get my pre-trip pedi.  The lady painting my toenails asked if I had gotten a spray tan.  I wondered how she could know that because of course I thought I looked naturally tan.  She still didn't tell me my feet were orange. 

I only realized this gem of a fact later when I was at home watching tv with my kids and my feet were propped up on the coffee table.  My daughter informed me of the error of my ways.  So here I am sharing this information with all of you...one, so we can all have a good laugh and two, so that no one else makes the same mistake. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Addressed

My children have always had a propensity to draw on everything but paper.  Their canvas has usually been their own body.  Som...